Want to simplify your MSP billing? Join Claim Manager.
Quick Links Around the Page
- 1 B.C. MSP Billing Software For Health Professionals
- 2 Ten Reasons to Do MSP Billing with Claim Manager
- 2.1 Complete your claims quickly.
- 2.2 Get paid faster.
- 2.3 Check MSP coverage.
- 2.4 Don’t overthink the diagnostic code.
- 2.5 Find the right MSP billing code.
- 2.6 Do complicated MSP billing with ease.
- 2.7 Stay on top of your MSP billing.
- 2.8 Do MSP billing for any MSP billing option.
- 2.9 Bill many facets of solo practice with one account.
- 2.10 Do MSP billing for the whole clinic with one account.
- 3 Educate Yourself About MSP Billing
- 3.1 What is MSP?
- 3.2 Find your MSP fee schedule.
- 3.3 What services are excluded from MSP benefits?
- 3.4 What health professionals can bill MSP?
- 3.5 The MSP billing cycle
- 3.6 Important stages of MSP claim processing
- 3.7 MSP payments are not instant.
- 3.8 Do your MSP billing via MSP Teleplan.
- 3.9 Stay away from MSP online claim forms.
- 3.10 MSP is a billing agent of ICBC and WorkSafeBC.
- 4 Learn More About MSP Billing for Your Health Profession
B.C. MSP Billing Software For Health Professionals
Sign up with Claim Manager for your MSP billing and claim the custom user profile for your health profession.
Ten Reasons to Do MSP Billing with Claim Manager
Whether you are a solo medical practitioner or a clinic owner, Claim Manager makes your MSP billing simple.
Complete your claims quickly.
Have your claims pre-loaded to save your time.
Auto-fill patient profile
Auto-fill new patients’ profiles with MSP Teleplan integration lookup.
Auto-fill MSP billing codes
Auto-fill ICD-9 codes and referral information for return patients.
Auto-fill MSP location codes
Auto-fill rural program and location codes to qualify for MSP premiums.
Get paid faster.
Validate your claims before submission to avoid declined claims.
Validate BC Services Card
Validate your patient’s BC Services Card number to avoid typing mistakes.
Validate MSP Patient Profile
Validate MSP patient’s date of birth, name and gender to avoid errors.
Validate MSP Coverage
Confirm that the patient has MSP coverage for your services.
Check MSP coverage.
Bill patients with invalid MSP coverage directly, while they are still in your office.
MSP Coverage in Every Claim
Never forget to check MSP coverage because it is built-in into every claim.
Instant MSP Coverage
Get an instant MSP coverage report without long waiting time on a phone.
MSP coverage for past visits
Check MSP coverage for the last 6 months if billing MSP for past visits.
Don’t overthink the diagnostic code.
Three easy ways to select an ICD-9 code for your claim.
Recommended ICD-9 Codes
Find the right ICD-9 code in the custom catalog for your health profession.
Searchable ICD-9 Codes
Find an odd diagnostic code using the complete searchable ICD-9 catalog.
Favorite ICD-9 Codes
Quickly select an ICD-9 code from the list of your popular diagnostic codes.
Find the right MSP billing code.
Not sure about the MSP billing code or fee amount? Claim Manager has it covered.
Browse Recommended Codes
Select a code from the catalog of MSP billing codes for your profession. Fast.
Search for Rare MSP Codes
Quickly search MSP catalog for an odd billing code by its brief description.
Use Personal MSP Catalog
Easily select a code from the personal list generated by your billing choices.
Pre-loaded Billing Codes
Save time with pre-loaded MSP billing codes for allied health professionals.
Auto-updated Fee Schedule
Keep your MSP billing fees current with the automatic schedule updates.
Accessible Historical Values
Access historical values of MSP fee amounts when billing for past days.
Do complicated MSP billing with ease.
Easily handle complicated medical billing cases, like expired, reciprocal or erroneous MSP claims.
Bill over-age MSP claims
Got an approval for over-age claim? Submit it with the special billing code.
Bill Reciprocal MSP Claims
Have occasional out-of-province patients? Bill MSP for them.
Reverse Erroneous Claims
Reverse erroneous health claims and payments with electronic debit request.
Stay on top of your MSP billing.
Never miss an important MSP billing event.
Declined MSP Claim Alert
Get email alerts and resubmit declined claims in the same billing period.
MSP Remittance Alert
Anticipate the incoming payment with the remittance report alert.
MSP Close-Off Day Alert
Be reminded about the approaching close-off day to complete your billing.
Do MSP billing for any MSP billing option.
You can enroll in any MSP billing option and still use Claim Manager.
Opt In MSP billing
Do MSP billing for MSP Opt In medical practitioners – doctors and midwives.
Soft Opt Out MSP Billing
Do MSP billing for Soft Opt Out health professionals – most of the allied.
Hard Opt Out MSP Billing
Do MSP billing for MSP Hard Opt Out health practitioners – some allied.
Bill many facets of solo practice with one account.
Solo health professionals might wear many hats, but they need only one Claim Manager account.
Bill for Multiple Locations
Working part-time in many places? Bill for all places with one account.
Bill for Several Occupations
Licensed by several colleges? Bill for multiple occupations with one account.
Bill for Mixed Services
Working in hospital and community? Bill for both places with one account.
Do MSP billing for the whole clinic with one account.
Accommodate any MSP enrollment options of your employees under one flexible clinic account.
Assignment of Payments
Have part-time employees? Bill for the staff on assignment of payment.
Mixed Health Professionals
Employ varied health occupations? Bill for all providers with one clinic account.
Mixed MSP Billing Options
Opt In and Out? Bill for all MSP billing options with one clinic account.
Educate Yourself About MSP Billing
Doing MSP billing yourself is not that hard if you understand how it works. We prepared a simple MSP billing guide for you.
What is MSP?
Find your MSP fee schedule.
- that they have opted out;
- how much is reimbursed by MSP; and
- how much the patient will be paying in addition to the MSP fee.
What services are excluded from MSP benefits?
What health professionals can bill MSP?
- specialists (surgeons, anaesthetists, psychiatrists, etc.)
- naturopathic doctors
- registered massage therapists
- a practitioner number, which identifies the practitioner rendering the service, and
- a payment number, which identifies the person to whom payment is to be made.
The MSP billing cycle
MSP processes claims in cycles, with semi-monthly payments. Most claims are paid after the first submission.
Complete Billing Cycle
Most MSP claims are paid in one billing cycle, which consists of three steps: check patient’s eligibility for MSP benefit, submit claim and receive payment report.
Resubmit Declined Claims
Due to human error, about one percent of MSP claims get declined. An explanation is provided. Most declined claims can be corrected and resubmitted.
Important stages of MSP claim processing
- The close-off day
- The remittance day
- The payment day.
- Is the practitioner’s MSP payment number approved for the indicated Teleplan Data Centre?
- Is the practitioner authorized to bill for the service?
- Does the claim contain valid billing codes (PHN, ICD-9, fee items, etc.)?
- Does the claim have an empty mandatory field?
- Does the personal health number (PHN) match the patient’s name?
- Does the fee item match the fee amount?
MSP payments are not instant.
Do your MSP billing via MSP Teleplan.
Stay away from MSP online claim forms.
MSP is a billing agent of ICBC and WorkSafeBC.
Learn More About MSP Billing for Your Health Profession
There is more to MSP billing when it comes down to your health occupation. Click on your specialty to learn more.