Did you forget to submit your claims? You might still be able get your payments.
Over-Age MSP, ICBC & WSBC Claims
Section 33 of the Medical and Health Care Services Regulation prescribes 90 days as the period of time within which a claim for payment must be submitted to the Medical Services Commission. Late claims are called “Over-Age”. Learn everything you need to know about submitting over-age claims on this page.
- Enter the treating practitioner’s information.
- Enter the practitioner’s MSP number if the payment goes to the practitioner; enter a different payment number if payment goes to another entity (clinic or another practitioner, e.g.).
- If submitting request for only one claim, enter the date of service into the “Date of Service” field. Ignore “Date Ranges” fields.
- If submitting request for a group of claims, enter the service date of the earliest claim into the “Date Ranges: From” field. Enter the service date of the latest claim into the “Date Ranges: To” field. The date range is indicated across all patients if the request is made for multiple patients.
- Enter approximate number and dollar value of claims across all patients into the corresponding fields. List all fee items in the “Fee Item(s) involved.”
- Enter explanation for late submission of claims. Administrative issues such as staffing problems, clerical errors, lost or forgotten claims, system or service bureau problems might not qualify for exemption.
- If submitting over five claims, select any five claims and enter the personal health numbers, date of service and fee items in the verification section. If request is for five or less claims, enter all over-the age claims in the verification section.
How to submit HLTH 2943
- Print, date and sign.
- Fax this form to the MSP Teleplan billing support at (250) 405-3593.
- (p) 1 866 456-6950
- (p) 604 456-6950
- (f) 250 405-3593
- Mailing Address: Medical Services Plan, PO Box 9480, STN PROV GOVT, Victoria BC, V8N 9E7